Reaching our ambition is a joint effort
One of the most important ambitions we have set is to have zero revenue from harmful gambling by 2023. This is a tough ambition and it will require dedication, collaboration and focus within Kindred, but also across the industry and from regulators. We know that one of the challenges we face is to understand if a customer has a gambling disorder when he or she opens an account with one of our brands. Which is why we monitor a customer’s behaviour to determine if there are signs of harmful gambling, interact with customers who show signs of changed behaviours, and offer a range of tested control tools. We continuously invest in improving our behavioural monitoring system, the Player Safety – Early Detection System (PS-EDS), and in further educating our skilled player sustainability team.
To eliminate harmful gambling the industry also needs to share knowledge and learnings and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders in society. Kindred puts great focus on safe and sustainable customer behaviour as we see long-term value in customers who enjoy gambling. Sharing knowledge and learnings is also the purpose of the Sustainable Gambling Conference, the annual forum arranged by Kindred to engage in discussions with researchers, authorities and regulators across all markets.
We know we can reach our ambition if:
- We continue to educate our customers in safer gambling and engage when we see signs of changed behaviour
- We keep investing in our proprietary detection system, processes and tools to improve accuracy
- We make use of the technological revolution taking place right now and use AI to shorten the time between sign up and detection
- We remain focused on research and collaboration with the research community
- We cooperate further with industry peers and align on effective actions
- We work with regulators and authorities to ensure a high level of channelisation in locally regulated markets
Gambling is one of our most popular pastimes across the world, yet a stigma remains due to myths and lack of a fact-based discussion. We know that for some, gambling can become a problem. We have a clear ambition to aim for zero revenue from these players on our platform by end of 2023.